- Unless it is a torrential downpour or unsafe conditions, the event will go on as scheduled.
- Please dress appropriately to be outside, it may be a chilly morning. Please no flip flops; an old pair of sneakers would be best.
- Youth under the age of 14 should have an adult chaperone with them or be part of a group. Under 14 also needs a signed participation waiver.
- Bring work gloves if you have them. We will have SOME available for use.
- If you are a student needing documentation of your Service Learning Hours, there will be prepared letters to give you at the end of the clean-up.
- Meet at 9AM upstairs at the Century Center in Carrboro. Volunteers will sign-in and those of you supervising youth under age 14, please bring the participation waiver. We will have waivers on hand if you cannot print and complete prior to Saturday.
- T-shirts are guaranteed for the those that pre-registered, after that it's limited availability and sizes.
- At 9:30AM, volunteers will be sent out to project areas in groups. Parks & Rec Staff will accompany groups to assist. We will also have a van and driver to reach areas or you may transport yourself if you wish.
- Projected Projects:
- Railroad Tracks in Carrboro behind Carr Mill Mall (Ages 15 and over): Trash and Recycling Clean-up
- Carrboro Elementary to Estes Drive Bike Way (Van will transport group to drop off and pick-up): Trash and Recycling Clean-up
- Purple Leaf Area Bikeway (Van will transport group to drop off and pick-up): Trash and Recycling Clean-up
- Downtown Carrboro – South Greensboro
- Downtown Carrboro – Up Greensboro St to Estes Drive
- At 11:30 am – Volunteers return to the Century Center for wrap-up and FREE sandwiches from SUBWAY.
Julie A. Collins, CPRP
Carrboro Recreation and Parks Department
100 N. Greensboro St.
Carrboro, NC 27510
Phone: (919) 918-7392