New Scout Application (Spanish)
Health Form (to be completed EVERY year)
Pay Dues ($100/year; covers dues, registration and Boy’s Life subscription)
The first step for all Cub Scouts (including Tiger Cubs) is to earn their Bobcat Rank and Badge. The requirements are below (info copied from http://www.usscouts.org/usscouts/advance/cubscout/bobcat.asp). Please feel free to start working on these in your families. All updates go into Cub Trails. Please contact our Packmaster if you do not have a Cub Trails account.
The first rank that EVERY boy MUST earn when entering the Cub Scouting Program is the Bobcat rank.To earn the Bobcat rank the new Cub Scout must do the following:
- Know: Discuss these questions with your family. What is a promise? What does it mean to "keep your word?" What does honesty mean? What does it mean to "do your best?"
- Commit: Discuss these questions with your family. Why is a promise important? Why is it important for people to trust you when you give your word? When might it be difficult to keep your word? List examples.
- Practice: Discuss with family members why it is important to be trustworthy and honest and how can you do your best to be honest when you are doing the activities in Cub Scouting.
- "I .....(name).... promise to do my best
- To do my duty to God and my country,
- To help other people, and
- To obey the Law of the Pack. "
- The Cub Scout follows Akela.
- The Cub Scout helps the pack go.
- The pack helps the Cub Scout grow.
- The Cub Scout gives goodwill.
8. With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in your handbook: How to Protect Your Children from Child Abuse.
The above items are the basic information that ALL Cub Scouts must learn, which is why EVERY boy who enters into Cub Scouting MUST earn the Bobcat Badge.