Webelos is a two-year program encompassing 4th and 5th graders, culminating in earning the Arrow of Light and passing into Boy Scouts. However, you can join Scouts in 5th grade and still complete the requirements.
The Webelo I program is for fourth grade (or age 9-10) boys and their adult partners. There are eight (8) total badges needed to earn the Arrow of Light, which we will accomplish three (3) of them by the Blue and Gold Banquet in the Spring to earn the Webelos Badge. An overview of of the requirements are here.
The Webelo II program is for fifth grade (or age 10-111 boys and their adult partners. Requirements are found at http://usscouts.org/advance/cubscout/arrowoflight.asp
For beginning Webelos...
- Have an adult member of your family read and sign the Parent Guide in the front of the Webelos Scout Book.
- Be an active member of your Webelos den for 3 months.
- Know and explain the meaning of the Webelos badge.
- Point out and explain the three parts of the Webelos Scout uniform. Tell when to wear the uniform and when not to wear it.
- Earn the Fitness and Citizen activity badges and one other activity badge from a different activity badge group.
- Plan and lead a flag ceremony in your den that includes the U.S. flag.
- Demonstrate the Scout salute, Scout sign, and Scout handshake. Explain when you would use them.
- Explain the Scout Oath, Scout Law, Scout motto, and Scout slogan.
- Explain and agree to follow the Outdoor Code.
- Show that you know and understand the requirements to be a Boy Scout.
Webelos Activity Badges
|Topic||Needed for Webelos Badge||Needed for Arrow of Light|
|Community||1 – Citizen (M)||4 – Readyman (M)||Communicator (M)Family Member (H)|
|Physical||2 – Fitness (H)||Aquanaut (M)Athlete (H)Sportsman (M)|
|Outdoor||5 – Outdoorsman (M)||Forester (M)Geologist (M)Naturalist (M)|
|Mental Skills||6 - At least one badge from this group||Artist (H)Scholar (H)Showman (M)Traveler (M)|
|Technology||7 - At least one badge from this group||Craftsman (H)Engineer (M)Handyman (H)Scientist (M)|
|3 - One more badge from different group||8 - Any one other badge|